Service Office Assistant
Service Office AssistantSprague Resources GP LLC
Bronx, NY 10454
Sprague is passionate about delivering the diverse products and programs that warm, power and move the world. We keep homes warm through Northeastern winters and hospitals cool through summer. We help small businesses focus on serving their communities, and our renewable fuels keep our country’s infrastructure running. From importing wind energy components to deploying leading-edge solar technology to help power terminal facilities, we are committed to continually evolving to meet our customers’ changing energy needs.
Sprague is seeking an Office Assistant to join our Bronx Service Operations team. This position plays an integral role in providing clerical support for all aspects of the Service, Delivery Integrity, and Implementation Services groups.
- *Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing clerical support for the billing process
- Typing letters, memos and other documents
- Providing coverage of department phone lines, taking and conveying messages and responding to customer inquiries
- Maintaining accurate files and filing system
- Scanning monthly service contracts for customer signatures through Echo Sign
- Reviewing open credit card charges for Service Technicians and providing scanned backup receipts
- Maintaining updated vendor invoice PO numbers
- Sorting and distributing mail
- Assisting in the resolution of parking violations
- Supporting Service and Delivery Integrity management as needed
Qualified candidates for this role will have the following: *
- 1-2 years of related clerical experience in a service or transportations logistics environment
- Strong computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work well with others, organize workload, and complete tasks efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
We want to hear from you!*
Do you like to solve problems and consider yourself forward thinking? If you are looking for a place where you can learn a lot about the energy industry while constantly challenging yourself, then Sprague is your place. Sprague employees are dedicated and driven, and we constantly strive to be the best in the industry. We work best as a team, knowing that collaboration leads to innovation and the best customer experience. As a company that has continued to evolve with the energy industry for the last 150 years, we are looking for hardworking employees to join us as we remain at the forefront of the industry.
Sprague values innovation, safety, integrity, and people. We know that our people are what set us apart from our competition, and we work hard to make sure each employee across our 20+ locations know how important they are to our organization. We recently surveyed our employees to ask them their favorite part of the job. Unanimously, they answered, "The people I work with." You are part of a team and a family at Sprague, and everyone works together to ensure both the success of the company and of the individual.
** What we offer:
In addition to great coworkers, you’ll enjoy medical benefits and retirement contributions that start on your first day. Sprague also provides tuition reimbursement for any employee that would like to further their education. Do you like to get involved where you work? Is giving back important to you? It’s important to us, too! Sprague donates back to the communities in which we live and work every year and provides opportunities for employees to support the charity of the week. In addition, Sprague offers paid volunteer time to allow employees to support charities which are meaningful to them. Sprague has a range of committees to support varying initiatives (Sustainability, Charitable, Scholarship, Innovation, etc.). Sprague is a place that cares about its employees, its community, and about creating a place where people want to come to work every day.
** Plus, we have some great benefits!
- Choice of Health Plans to fit your individual needs
- 401(k) Traditional and Roth plans with employer match of 60% of the first 6% of the employee’s contribution
- Defined Contribution Plan with an automatic 5% contribution from Sprague
- Paid Volunteer Time
- Flexible Working Policy
- Wellness Program
Come join us to learn why we are consistently celebrating 20-, 30-, and even 40-year anniversaries here at Sprague!*
- *Sprague is an EEO/AA employer. We strongly encourage minorities, females, Vets and individuals with disabilities to apply.
As a federal contractor we adhere to OFCCP employment regulations. Click here for OFCCP compliance information
Job Type: Full-time