Quality Control Specialist- Warehouse - On Site
Quality Control Specialist- Warehouse - On SiteFood Bank for New York City
Bronx, NY 10474
Title: Quality Control Specialist
Department: Warehouse Operations
Reports to: Warehouse Inventory Manager
Location(s): Bronx Warehouse – 355 Food Center Drive
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Quality Control Specialist is responsible for the quality inspection of all food distribution items going through the warehouse, including frozen, cooler and dry goods. The Quality Control Specialist will follow a checklist and ensure proper order fulfillment in compliance with AIB, Feeding America, USDA, OSHA and other relevant standards for each program such as USDA, NY state and NYC programs including, TEFAP, CFAP and CSFP, EFAP, wholesale and donated food items.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Inspection of pallets for order fulfillment accuracy and selection, and loading onto trucks
- Performs hands-on production work in assembly and/or test areas in a timely fashion
- Organizes and verifies components and checks quality and operation of work
- Maintains all required documentation (70% of work time)
- Maintains strict adherence to work instructions and standard operating procedures
- Ensure and maintain desired quality level, identifying and eliminating defects/rework
- Writes work instructions, procedures, and special instructions as required
- Maintains clean and organized work environment and meets or exceeds priorities set by supervisor
- Demonstrate courtesy, respect, and politeness in all interactions with clients, colleagues, and guests.
- Other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND TRAINING QUALFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Ability to safely operate electric pallet jack. Forklift and Hilo experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of basic warehouse operations and food distribution.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and diverse environment.
- Capable of properly lifting up to 75lbs.
- Steel toe boots required.
- The ability to work in a freezer environment. (Below 0 degrees)
- Basic reading, writing and math skills are required.
- Open to schedule change when necessary to fit the needs of the operation. (Flexible schedule required.)
- Possess strong communication skills and display professional conduct at all times.
- Ability to multitask and think on your feet.
- Commitment to Food Bank’s For New York City’s Mission.