Manufacturing Production Manager
Manufacturing Production ManagerFreshDirect
Bronx, NY 10454
QualificationsHigh school or equivalent (Preferred)
Manufacturing: 5 years (Preferred)
US work authorization (Preferred)
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
FreshDirect, in compliance with New York City law, is requiring that all employees working in any of our New York City locations be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they are approved for a medical or religious accommodation. As a part of this process, you will be required to provide supporting documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, then your employment will be terminated.
_ As of February 9th, you are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status no later than your first day of your employment. Failure to provide timely proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status will result in you being placed on an unpaid leave of absence and potential termination of employment from FreshDirect._
The Production Manager manages the culinary operations for the prepared meals area for the large-scale production on a 7-day operation commercial-type basis. Work is performed according to specific NYSDOH and FD policies and procedures in producing and packaging foods according to standardized recipes and procedures, ensuring the highest-level quality of product and service provided by our associates while supporting the policies, goals and objectives of the company.
- Directs, Coordinates and manages all aspects of daily production operation in food safety, quality control and preparation as well as parts of assembly and packaging and resolves problems within span of control to the standards set by the company.
- Drive productivity completion rates and actions to successful conclusion on a daily basis.
- Support new product launches while working closely with Sr. Manager, R&D team and Packaging Manager
- Manage approximately 120 employees
- Manage daily staff schedule in accordance to budget and/or business needs by utilizing the staffing model designed by department (where necessary).
- Resolve employee grievances and concerns and escalates to Sr. Manager when needed, will also partner with HR on high level investigations.
- Identify, interview and train talent for the department including but not limited to coaching, training, scheduling, disciplinary functions and execute matrixes and standards of continued excellence.
- Ensure follow through and compliance with: Food Safety, GMP’s, HACCP, Safety Compliance and FD’s policies.
- Guide, Direct and Motivate staff around performance management and labor planning.
- Be a change agent by: Working with team on identifying areas of improvement, implementing new processes and documenting them accordingly with the partnership of Sr. Mgmt.
- Oversee usage and handling of all equipment and machinery used in the department; including safety, driving PM’s and report all issues immediately.
- Support and participate various company projects, initiatives and programs as needed.
Education and Qualifications:
- High School diploma/ and or equivalent and demonstrated capability to perform job responsibilities through previous work experience and education
- 5 plus years of food production in a supervisory position required
- Previous high volume culinary production, manufacturing or catering a must
- Knowledge of production systems software and ability to learn tasks related to work in SAP.
- Knowledge of food preparation and presentation methods, techniques, and quality standards.
- Knowledge of department production processes, materials and production techniques.
- Food production, sanitation, GMP’s, food safety knowledge and HACCP a plus.
- USDA food manufacturing experience a plus.
- English Required Bilingual preferred in English and Spanish.
- NYC Food Protection Certificate or equivalent
Who is FreshDirect:
FreshDirect is the northeast's leading online fresh food grocer, delivering directly to customers throughout seven states, including the New York City, Philadelphia, and District of Columbia metropolitan areas. FreshDirect is committed to sourcing the freshest and best-tasting meat, fish, produce, and specialty items through direct relationships with suppliers, growers, and farmers. FreshDirect is proud to have joined the multi-national grocery and technology organization, Ahold Delhaize, at the beginning of 2021. This acquisition will fuel FreshDirect’s growth as a leading eCommerce grocer in the United States.
From the beginning, FreshDirect has set out to provide something different. We are a community partner with a mission to deliver the highest quality and service that customers can find. This is an environment in which associates can innovate, grow and have successful careers—most of our leaders have come up through our ranks. And thanks to our team’s extraordinary efforts, we are a leading innovator in the e-commerce and grocery industries.
Why choose FreshDirect?
We're a company that thrives on teamwork. Our evolution is driven by our passionate employees and investment in perfecting the technology that lets us deliver the highest-quality food. Our state-of-the-art facility creates an environment for innovation. We support our employees with on-the-job training for plant employees and drivers, team-building activities, workplace recognition opportunities, and by encouraging direct relationships with our suppliers in the field.
Great people deserve great perks. We offer comprehensive benefits, plus many workplace extras, including:
- A flexible and generous paid time off plan
- 20% off at freshdirect.com and significant markdowns at our employee market
- 24-hour access to the FreshDirect shuttle between our Bronx headquarters and the subway
- Regular events and barbecues for employees
Click to explore careers and life @ FreshDirect
Learn more @FreshDirect on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube!
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Team member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
As an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, FreshDirect does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, or on any other basis prohibited by law. Furthermore, FreshDirect will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because they are disabled, a disabled veteran, or a veteran of the Vietnam era, provided they are qualified and meets the requirements established by FreshDirect for the job.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Weekend availability
Each FreshDirect employee is provided with masks and other Personal Protective Equipment per CDC guidelines.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Manufacturing: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location