Terminal Operator-Bronx, NY
Terminal Operator-Bronx, NYSprague Resources GP LLC
Bronx, NY 10454
Sprague is passionate about delivering the diverse products and programs that warm, power and move the world. We keep homes warm through Northeastern winters and hospitals cool through summer. We help small businesses focus on serving their communities, and our renewable fuels keep our country’s infrastructure running. From importing wind energy components to deploying leading-edge solar technology to help power terminal facilities, we are committed to continually evolving to meet our customers’ changing energy needs.
Sprague is looking for a Terminal Operator to join our Bronx, NY team. This position is for a general laborer/operator capable of a wide range of duties at an oil tank farm/bulk handling facility. A variety of skills/specialization may be utilized some of which may require licensure or certification. Work hours/shifts vary and overtime is frequently available but not guaranteed. Work is primarily performed outdoors in a maritime environment 24 hours a day, 365 days per year.
- Duties and Responsibilities: *
- Maintenance and repair of storage tank, loading rack and dock
- Loading and unloading of vessels
- Gauging of oil tank
- Providing general facilities maintenance work
- Other duties as required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Proficient in basic math, including fractions
- Working knowledge of mechanical trades
- Basic computer knowledge
- Must take and pass Certificate of Fitness test, NYC Fire Department
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and safe driving record
- Must have a valid TWIC card
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of blueprint reading, piping diagrams, boiler and fuel specifications
- Past experience in bulk fuel storage plants preferred
- Willingness to do shift work including nights, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed
- Physical activity/strength requirements are demanding and may include:
- Standing up to 75% of the day
- Lifting up to 50 lbs. (i.e. steel parts, spouts)
- Carrying up to 50 lbs. (i.e. oil, parts, tools)
- Pulling up to 75 lb. capacity (i.e. mooring lines)
- Extended climbing (i.e. tank ladders/stairs/ramps)
- Ability to endure outside weather conditions
We want to hear from you!
Do you like to solve problems and consider yourself forward thinking? If you are looking for a place where you can learn a lot about the energy industry while constantly challenging yourself, then Sprague is your place. Sprague employees are dedicated and driven, and we constantly strive to be the best in the industry. We work best as a team, knowing that collaboration leads to innovation and the best customer experience. As a company that has continued to evolve with the energy industry for the last 150 years, we are looking for hardworking employees to join us as we remain at the forefront of the industry.
What we offer:
In addition to great coworkers, you’ll enjoy perks like medical benefits and retirement contributions that start on your first day. Sprague also provides tuition reimbursement for any employee that would like to further their education. Do you like to get involved where you work? Is giving back important to you? It’s important to us, too! Sprague donates back to the communities in which we live and work every year. And, we collect employee donations to support the charity of the week. Sprague has a range of committees to support varying initiatives (Sustainability, Charitable, Scholarship, Innovation, etc.). Sprague is a place that cares about its employees, its community, and about creating a place where people want to come to work every day.
Plus we have some great benefits!
- 401(k) Traditional and Roth plans with employer match
- Defined Contribution Plan with an automatic 5% contribution from Sprague
- Choice of high deductible and PPO Health Plans to fit your individual needs
- Wellness Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
Come join us to learn why we are consistently celebrating 20-, 30-, and even 40-year anniversaries here at Sprague!
Sprague is an EEO/AA employer. We strongly encourages minorities, females, Vets and individuals with disabilities to apply.
As a federal contractor we adhere to OFCCP employment regulations. Click here for OFCCP compliance information
Job Type: Full-time