Food ProcessorBaldor Specialty Foods
Bronx, NY 10474
QualificationsHigh school or equivalent (Preferred)
US work authorization (Preferred)
Job Type- Full-time
Fresh Cuts Food Processor
Since our beginnings as part of the iconic Greenwich Village retail store, Balducci’s, Baldor has maintained its original promise – curate and deliver the best ingredients from around the world. For 25 years, we have served the food industry using cutting edge logistics to create a seamless customer experience. Our commitment to service and quality has made us the first choice in distribution for a diverse list of industry leaders that includes hotels, restaurants, county clubs, hospitals, nursing homes.
As an industry leader in wholesale, retail, and residential food distribution, Baldor Specialty Foods continues to grow and evolve at a rapid pace across all departments. The Fresh Cuts Food Processor will be responsible for repacking and/or physically transform fruits and vegetables based on pre-determined specifications and following HACCP / SQF norms as well as production Standard Operations Procedures (SOP)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must always follow Good Manufacturing Practices, HACCP and Safety Quality Foods norms and regulations throughout the entire production process.
- Wash, peel and / or cut vegetables and / or fruits
- Scaling vegetables and / or fruits before packing them in bags, trays and / or containers.
- Wash, peel, cut and/or snips onions in the Onion Room.
- Clean work areas, tables, equipment and utensils after usage.
- Inform Crew Leader and / or Prod Supervisor of any Maintenance, Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Control (QC) issues.
- Overtime is mandatory when required, based on the daily production program.
- Use production machinery (e.g. tomato slicer, pack line sealer, fruit peeler and/or Ilapak) to dice, slice, length cut and pack finish goods.
- Set up machinery, operate, monitor and clean.
- Read and follow the on screen operating menu/instructions.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Prior experience in food processing preferred.
- Must be open to working 5 days per week (Sunday and Friday are mandatory (shift: 3:00PM–11:30PM or until production is finished).
- Able to read and write legibly; able to follow orders; able to work with direct supervision.
- Ability to work standing up for - at least - 8 hours and lift, minimum, 20 lbs.
- Able to peel; cut with a knife repeatedly; and use the fingers to snip / cut / separate.
- Able to work continuously in a room at 36°F – 38°F for (at least) 8 hrs.
- Able to peel; cut and / or scale onions continuously for, at least, 8 hrs.
- Team work oriented.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.50 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Work Location: One location