Venue Technology Manager
Venue Technology ManagerLegends at Yankee Stadium
Bronx, NY 10451
VENUE TECHNOLOGY MANAGER, YANKEE STADIUM
Founded in 2008, Legends is a premium experiences company with more than 1,500 full-time and 30,000 seasonal team members globally. Legends has six divisions operating worldwide - Global Planning, Global Sales, Hospitality, Global Partnerships, Global Merchandise, and Global Technology Solutions - offering clients and partners a 360-degree service solution platform to elevate their brand and execute their vision. Currently, Legends works with marquee clients across business verticals including professional sports; collegiate; attractions; entertainment; and conventions and leisure. We are the industry leaders in designing, planning and realizing exceptional experiences in sports and entertainment.
When the new Yankee Stadium opened in 2009, it was an instant icon. The mission was clear as we had to install all of the traditional elements of the old stadium, but with a modern flare and visionary stadium amenities. The stadium is equipped with multiple private club areas, concessions areas and more than 425 points of sale. This has allowed Legends to define a new standard for the premium ballpark dining experience, deliver the freshest and hottest concessions food and keep lines shorter allowing the Guest to get back to their seats and enjoy the game. Over 250 culinarians work in 17 kitchens where food is prepared from scratch to provide the freshest quality ingredients and menu selections on a daily basis. Menus are rotated every day to enhance guest satisfaction and satisfy even the most discriminating palette. These food and merchandise innovations were coupled with a maniacal focus on the Guest Experience. The front-line staff is continually trained to deliver the seven pillars of Legends’ Customer Service program. This training is reinforced with a positive reward and recognition program and bolstered with daily guest satisfaction and secret shoppers surveys with feedback delivered real-time to front line management.
Reporting to the Legends General Manager at Yankee Stadium, the Venue Technology Manager is primarily responsible for managing technology needs of Yankee Stadium, including but not limited to the management of third-party vendors, venue technology projects, Point-of-Sale technology (terminals, kiosks, peripherals, etc.), Desktop support and day-to-day management support. The successful candidate will lead a team providing operational support to users and ensures availability, stability and security of business systems and IT infrastructure platforms.
- Supervise a team of venue technicians to deliver and actively support point-of-sale, payment, and various other systems that are critical to business operations
- Schedule, manage, and optimize deployment of hourly venue technology staff. Perform yearly performance review of technicians.
- Ensure pre-opening walk-throughs are completed to ensure all systems are operational prior to opening to customers.
- Manage and provide support for all system issues as well as escalating problems to internal and external service providers, as necessary.
- Ensure applications are maintained and operated consistent with compliance and regulatory requirements e.g. PCI
- Manage and optimize 3rd party vendor relationships that are key to venue technology, including point-of-sale vendors, digital menu board providers, mobile app providers, loyalty providers, etc.
- Replacement of defective hardware before, during and after events.
- Plan, prepare and coordinate hardware and software upgrades and patches
- Maintain an inventory of all hardware devices.
- Ensure all technical support issues are logged in Legends ticketing system.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the organization and adhere to all organizational technology standards.
- Train management teams in the proper use and maintenance of systems and applications
- Primary point of contact for all IT related issues and inquiries at the venue.
- Work with Corporate Infrastructure team to design, deploy and maintain IT infrastructure and enterprise systems such as corporate email, security, Accounting/Finance systems, collaboration tools, etc.
- Perform additional related duties, tasks and responsibilities as required
To perform this job successfully, the candidate must be able to perform each essential duty above at the highest levels. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 4+ years of relevant point-of-sale experience, ideally in the Hospitality or Tourism industry
- Experience with Windows 10 and Microsoft Office 365 suite of products
- PCI risk and compliance
- Supervisory experience with the ability to motivate and lead teams
- Ability to effectively manage and produce in a matrixed environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- IT Management tools (e.g. Active Directory)
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds regularly and occasionally up to 50 pounds.
- Experience with an IT ticketing solution to track and manage issues and requests
- Managing external vendors delivering managed IT services
- Relevant technical certifications preferred
- A wide base of experience in one or more technologies, including systems, client technologies, network, business intelligence and analytics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate with all levels of staff
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Strong problem solving and creative skills, and the ability to exercise sound judgment
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and result-orientation
- Must be able to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the organization
Competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid vacation, and 401k plan.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, hear; use hands to finger, and handle controls. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to stand, walk, and stoop. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Legends is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or genetic information.